Saturday, April 19, 2014

A birthday beetle

No-sew cubes are my go-to finish technique at the moment because they are so easy, yet look so impressive. I decided to make one for my niece, who is turning 22 next week. We got together for her birthday and Easter yesterday so I was able to give it to her then. She likes red and black so I decided the best thing I could do would be to make her a ladybird one. I got a hold of some small ladybird print fabric through a facebook de-stash group, added some red and black ribbon, a little bit of bling and a red bow. Here is the completed cube, although it's much more vibrant and red in real life:


  • Name of the design is, well it didn't have one
  • Chart is a freebie from here
  • Fabric is an opalescent white evenweave
  • Thread is DMC cotton
  • Stitch count is 36 x 37
  • Started in March 2014
  • Completed in March 2014
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


No comments: