Saturday, October 26, 2013

Another craft show haul

I heard the original "Stitches & Craft Show" was back at Caulfield racecourse so decided I'd go, but with low expectations as I had seen the list of vendors and they were mainly patchwork/quilting ones. I was still disappointed with the number of stalls - they only took up one level and even then it seemed a smaller area than past years. I didn't bother to look at any of the quilt displays or check out the "make it and take it" area or any seminars - I went purely to shop. Even though there was only one cross stitch shop, I still managed to get some bits and pieces. Oh, and at said cross stitch shop, the very first chart I saw was for the hibiscus flowers I'd just finished! I didn't even know a hard copy existed. Anyway, here's my haul:


I really should learn to take good pics, but it would eat into my stitching time! I got a 3D card kit, 4 pieces of fabric - including 2 Batman ones for my Batman mad 16 year old son, a karate scrapbook cutout, black & white beads by the roll, 3 rolls of ribbon, black and red ruched edging for ornament finishing & 8 rolls of fancy sticker edges for scrapbooking/card making/to go into my stash and never been seen again ;-)
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

2 comments:

Mini Addictions said...

Thanks for sharing about the show. This time of year we have shows like this (in Georgia) & I love them! Looks like you were able to find some neat items.
I'm not great about taking pics either. I get so wrapped up in shopping that I forget :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Kay said...

There seems to be less and less cross stitch at shows in England too. I am always hopeful though!