Sunday, September 2, 2012

A little bit of this, and a little bit of that.

Ok, first things first. Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there, I hope you get a relaxing, enjoyable day to do as you please. Just to make you smile, I'll post a pic:
On another note, I woke up yesterday and discovered this beauty. I presume it's just popped up overnight as I hadn't noticed it before, and it's pretty hard to miss.
In my final news, we had our second calisthenics comp of the year yesterday. We didn't do too well in our first one two weeks ago, so I wasn't sure what to expect from this one, although we were against mainly new teams. We do 6 different items and after the 4th one we were tied with another team for second place overall. Knowing we had our worst 2 items to come, I thought we would just miss the runners-up trophy. My fears appeared to be confirmed when the other team beat us in the fifth item, meaning they had a 2 point advantage going in to the last one. However, we shocked ourselves to win that item and grab the runners-up trophy. I'm afraid I was so shocked and excited that my speech was pretty embarrassing. This was our first comp ever where we won a medal in every item, gaining 2 firsts, 1 second and 3 thirds. Here's our trophy:

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

1 comment:

sharine said...

Congratulations on your win!