Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 - A Reflection

Welcome to 2012! I have to say that 2011 was pretty kind to my family, I hope it was to yours too.

  • Health wise we all fared pretty well, with only a handful of minor illnesses, no major injuries and I believe NO trips to the accident & emergency department - now that has to be a record!! 
  • Work wise DH has had 2 jobs & I started a job very close to home, with a good amount of hours, family friendly & no arrogant boss and a million security cameras watching my every move.
  • Money wise we have done OK. We took our first ever cruise, which also meant our first ever overseas trip. We also spent some time on the Gold & Sunshine coasts in Queensland for a winter escape courtesy of the National Karate Championships. 
  • Schooling has been great for the kids, with both ending the year with A's, B's & C's. C's are where you should be, B's up to 6 months ahead, and A's are 12 months or more ahead, so I'm very proud of them. DS #1 won the academic award for his class this year also. 
  • As far as hobbies & sports go, we did well there too. I finished 39 cross stitch projects and a few other crafty things. The calisthenics team I coach and perform with came runners-up at our last competition of the year, which was exciting. DS #1 has kept up his computer game addiction, and improved - and stuck with - his tennis. DS #2 is the reigning state kata champion, and almost took 3rd place at the nationals. He continues to enjoy his karate and does really well at all the tournaments he competes at, placing in kata at every one except the nationals.

So that wraps up 2011 - I'm looking forward to an equally rewarding 2012!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

1 comment:

Annie Bee said...

Glad that you had a wonderful 2011. I hope that 2012 holds more of the same.