Sunday, May 22, 2011

Birthday time!

It seems like it's been all quiet on the blogging front lately. I haven't had much to say, nor time to say it. However, it was my eldest son's birthday recently, he turned 14. Do you know how old that makes me feel? Scary stuff! Anyway, I struggled with what to buy him this year, but in the end he seemed to enjoy his gifts. He chose home made nachos for dinner on his birthday, and we had caramel mud cake for dessert. On the nearest weekend we stuffed ourselves silly, and gave the credit card a workout, at Pancake Parlour. We haven't been for ages, so it was a nice treat. Although they are "just" pancakes, they are soooo yummy.

Now, as I type, he is having a few friends over for a party to celebrate. At this age they pretty much take care of themselves, playing video games and the like. We're about to have pizza, with more caramel mud cake for dessert. He doesn't really like a lot of cake flavours, so you have to go with what you know he'll like.

Oh, and we had a family celebration a while back too so it seems like this birthday is never ending. Next up is mine in the not too distant future. I think I'm having a craving for Taco Bill.........

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

1 comment:

Aussie Stitcher said...

Sounds like he had a wonderful birthday. I know what you mean about kids making you feel old, my oldest turns 17 in November and he will be in Vietnam for his birthday ;(