Friday, February 4, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Easter!

You know, because there are Easter eggs and hot cross buns in the shops, and Easter stitching in my q-snaps! Someone forgot to check the calendar, it's barely February and Easter isn't until late April. Oh well, at this rate, I might even have my cross stitch framed and ready to display on time!
Here's the final design, don't mind my appalling scanning skills. I padded it out a bit on the top and bottom to fill the frame:
  • Name of the design is "Happy Easter".  
  • Chart is a members freebie from San Man Originals.
  • Fabric is a hand dyed fabric called "Pot Pourri" from Polstitches Designs in the UK. It's 28 count Jobelan evenweave .
  • Thread is DMC cotton.
  • Stitch count was 58 x 68 before I added the extra bits top and bottom. 
  • Completed on February 2nd. Started on January 12th, with a 6 day break to stitch a quilt square. 
Here's the 3 designs all together. Forgive the really wonky scanning:


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

2 comments:

Lee-Ann said...

Oh Kim, not yet..its too hot for easter eggs lol

but it looks great

Lainey said...

Aww that is sooo cute, congrats on your finish!