Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas karate bear finish

It's rare I stitch a design more than once, let alone twice in one year, but that's exactly what I've done with this design. From memory, it was my first finish of 2010 when I made it for DS's birthday. I stitched it without the hat, on opalescent blue fabric, and framed it in a matching blue frame. This time around I added the Christmas hat and stitched it on plain white fabric, turning it into an ornament for the tree. Here it is:
Turns out it's not the first karate ornament I've made for the instructors, this one I made at least 2 years ago:
Anyway, here's the details on the latest one:

  • Name of the design is "Karate".  I did add the hat from a design in the same book called "Christmas".  Wildly original names, I know!
  • Chart is from a Leisure Arts leaflet titled "101 Bears with Personality" by Lynn Busa. 
  • Fabric is 28 count white evenweave.
  • Thread is DMC cotton.
  • Stitch count is 31 x 40.
  • Completed in December 2010. This was for DS's karate instructors, a husband and wife team. 


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments: