Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Another cross stitch finish

I was after a basic cross stitch design to stitch for my youngest son who doesn't like the dark and is prone to nightmares. I wanted him to be able to see it in bed at night and know that he is safe, hence I came up with this simple design. I wasn't after anything pretty, just a simple design I could stitch quickly for him. Oh and by the way, he hasn't had a nightmare since I made it a few weeks ago. Touch wood! For some reason I thought the flourescent DMC thread was the glow in the dark one so did about half of the design before realising I was using the wrong thread. Then I restarted in the right thread, but I hadn't measured the wording properly so that was off centre and had to frog it again!



Here's the details:
  • Name of the design -I guess I'll call it "Love you always" (original hey?)
  • Chart is one I designed
  • Fabric is a piece of navy 25ct Lugana from Zweigart
  • Thread is a the DMC glow-in-the-dark thread
  • Stitch count is 39 x 30
  • Completed in February 2010. I just mounted this on cardboard with a bit of padding. It's backed in red felt. My son keeps it between the slats of the top bunk bed (above his head) when he sleeps.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

1 comment:

Annie Bee said...

Such a lovely idea. PLus it has your love stitched into it.