Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

And no, my New Year's resolution is not to start a blog. Truly. No, I mean it! I don't do resolutions, I'm destined to break them by about midday on January 1st. I'm starting a blog to keep track of all my cross stitch projects, seeing as though my brain can't cope. There's far more bandwidth here than in my brain.

So on that note...... this is my current project. I think I started this in about August 2008 and put it aside so I could make some small items for a craft stall. Since Christmas I've started again with a vengance. Here are the details:
  • Name of the design is "Beary Baby Birth Announcement"
  • Designer is Ellen Maurer-Stroh from http://www.maurer-stroh.com/ (I love her cute designs, especially the baby animal series)
  • Fabric is 28 count white opalescent evenweave from www.sewitall.com (great fabric, at great prices. Some pieces have a similar mottled effect to hand dyed fabric, but they are machine dyed. Email or call them about opalescent fabric as it's not on their site. They are situated in Australia too!)
  • Threads are regular DMC stranded cotton.
  • Stitch count is 207 x 98.
This is what it's going to look like:

So far I have stitched the middle bear, the rabbit and clock, half the grass, the ladybug and the welcome banner. I'll post a WIP (Work In Progress) soon.
Over and out.

2 comments:

Lee-Ann said...

Hi Kim,

great blog...glad you got the photos sorted out.

Lee-Ann

Rachel S-H said...

Looking great so far!